Now for a ridiculous anecdote having nothing to do with the aforementioned Christmas crap:
One of the American assistants, Caitlin, finally met Don Julio. I've been oddly wary of inviting the other girls along, mostly because they're not exactly my real friends, and there just never seemed a good context for including them. Harsh, but true. They're nice people and I laugh with them a lot, but they aren't totally my type of people, so it seems odd to introduce them as examples of friends. (This is why it will be very exciting when Borealis comes up) In other words, I'm a bitch, but I'm going to make no bones about it.
Anyhoo, typically DJ and I go to this improv music night every Tuesday. A pretty good band was going to play, and since Caitlin likes music and one of Don Julio's galfriends was going to be there anyway, I asked if she wanted to come. She agreed.
We had a pretty good time, and Don Julio got to play a yellow, plastic maracca. I like his friend, but I don't think she's sure what to make of me. She asked me where I was spending Christmas, and when I told her I was staying with DJ, she turned to him and said in a half-teasing voice "Oh, so you're indroducing her to your family?" He shook his head, "No, I've already done that..." He referred to his bringing me to his family birthday party a month ago, and then I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation over the music.
Ann and I met up the next day and I asked her what she thought of Don Julio.
'Um...you guys seem to have the same maturity level.' She observed.
I laughed. 'What? As in, we're both five?'
'Yeah, something like that.'
I think Caitlin is of the school which believes that adults should be composed and respectful in public places. Ha. Malarky.
This is especially funny in the context of Don Julio's comment after we dropped her off. 'So, she's younger than you, right?' he asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.
'Um...No, actually she's older. She's twenty-four.'
'Seriously? Huh, she seems much younger. Maybe she's just shy.'
I chuckled.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment