Friday, March 12, 2010

'Oh, I thought oral sex meant talking.'

There's no real reason for that title, except for a vague association with an anonymous question box...Ahem, thank you ever so naïve Kun, and thank you anonymous question box in Ms. Water's ninth grade health class.

Anyhow, I had a group of chatty fourth graders today, but it didn't bug me, because even the annoying kids were interested. Their questions and comments did take over my lesson though, so I'm going to make a little question box and use the last five minutes of class to go through whatever they've thought up during the week. 'Yes, it's awesome that you have a question about the english language/life in America...put it in the box!'

One kid did ask me some hilarious personal questions on the way up to class:
'You live in Soissons?'
'Yup.'
'With a family?'
'Nope.'
'You live ALONE?'
'Yes...That's often what adults do.'
'All alone?'
'Yes.'
'You don't have a husband?'

I looked at her apalled face and I just started laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment